Reasons to Test for Mold
Reasons to Test for Mold
Help others to understand why they should test for Mod? Help spread the word
People often ask us “Why should I test for mold?”. There are many reasons as to why it may be a good idea for one to have their property tested by a professional. Testing for mold can help uncover the truths behind health concerns and help minimize potential financial risk and liability.
When SafeAir Certified Mold Inspection performs mold inspections for commercial properties or properties that could possibly face litigation relating to mold problems, we typically obtain 10 to 20 samples, including both surface and air quality samples of the mold. While surface samples are helpful, we also take air quality samples, which are critical for a comprehensive and accurate mold assessment. We use air quality samples to help us calculate and determine the following.
- Calculate estimated mold spore levels per cubic meter of indoor air.
- Determine if mold spore levels indoors are higher when compared to outdoor mold spore levels in the area.
- Compare mold spore levels at your property to typical indoor mold spore levels.
- Identify the mold genus and on occasions the mold species.
- Determine if there are any potentially toxic molds present or absent.
- Identify the presence or absence of hydrophilic mold types that arise from excessive moisture.
SafeAir Certified Mold Inspection is the company to call to test for mold. We offer speciation testing of mold samples. Using fungal analysis and speciation by PCR (polymerase chain reaction) genetic analysts, we will prepare a report on the exact mold genus and species of molds found in your house or building. Additionally, we can use Andersen impactor plates for viable mold sampling or mold culturing, which can be important in legal cases.
Litigation over toxic black mold contamination is on the rise. This is especially true in states where moisture content is high (southern states). As the medical, legal and real estate community have become more aware of this situation the demand for accountability has increased substantially. Our services can serve to protect your interests whether you are a buyer, a seller, landlord or property management company.
Important to note: If your mold problem is involved in – or could involve — a law suit, let us know prior to us performing any mold testing.
– See more at: http://atlanta-mold-inspection.com/about-mold/why-test-for-mold/#sthash.Sj4whnVJ.dpuf