10 Things You Need to Know About Mold
If you like these points, Please share this information to others after reading, to spread awareness, sharing is caring 🙂
There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; The way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture:
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints
- If mold is a problem in your home or office, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth
- Reduce indoor humidity ( to 30-60% ) to decrease mold growth by:
1) venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
2) using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
3) increasing ventilation
- using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dish-washing, and cleaning
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth
- Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e. bathrooms with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Mold can be found almost anywhere. They can grow on virtually any substance, provided that moisture is present. Mold can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
So What other points do you thing are necessary to know about Mold?